Sunday 31 July 2011

Intro.

Hey guys,

Just a brief introduction of myself in this very first post. My name's Natalie, but you're welcomed to call me Nat. This is my second year in Uni, and I'm majoring in Media and Cultural Studies. I have always been interested to learn about different types of cultures and just basically, learning new fun and exciting stuff. The reason why I have decided to choose this subject, is because I would like to widen my options and views of how the world goes around, and how society functions.
Besides that I am also curious of how the internet came about, how much could we rely on the information we retrieve from the internet and most importantly, could we survive without the internet and all the social networks. 

I hope that after this session, I would be able to understand more about the society we live in.

Cheers,
Nat =D

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nat,

    Nice blog. I agree that learning about different cultures is very interesting. Even though they say the internet is in a way, blurring the boundaries of space...making the barriers between different countries and cultures much more blurred... I think there will always be some differences and even combining cultures and seeing the results can also make things interesting...

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im also very excited to learn how the internet came about and to understand the different elements of it. Its hard to imagine a world without the internet. So many different people rely on the internet in their everyday life. I use the internet everyday and i would find it very difficult to do alot of stuff without it. I use the internet for social networking, assignments, banking, emailing and so much more. All of this would be so much more time consuming if it did not have to internet. Im sure we will both understand alot more about our society by the end.

    ReplyDelete